The elected Listers serve the function of assessing with equity the value of property held within the Town of Barnet. With this goal in mind they annually create a Grand List, which is a detailed listing of properties based upon which property tax is levied. Assessment equity is generally determined by the degree to which assessments bear a consistent relationship to market value. Through the Grievance process property owners may exercise their right to appeal the assessment of the Listers.
- Grand List: Available as a Microsoft Excel file download at the Grand List page.
Members (for detailed listing, including contact information and term expiration, see municipal directory):
- John Cook, Chair
- Sarah Cook
- Michael Walsh
- Meetings: Normally Monday and Thursday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Town Clerk’s Office. If you wish to meet with the Board about your appraisal, please make an appointment as they are often on the road.
- Telephone: (802) 633-2256
- Facsimile: (802) 633-4315
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Barnet Listers, c/o Town Clerks Office, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821