“Collector of Delinquent Tax” is a title used to distinguish between this office and the office of the Collector of Current Tax, an office held by the Treasurer in Barnet. Most people, however, refer to the Collector of Delinquent Tax simply as the “tax collector.” She is charged with ensuring that the property taxes owed to the town are paid by all taxpayers. In doing so, she notifies taxpayers when their taxes are past due, aids in making arrangements for late payments, and occasionally takes formal action, including conducting tax sales of property when necessary.
- Collector of Delinquent Tax: Lisa Bowden
- Contact Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week
- Location: Home Office. 77 Church Street.
- Telephone: (802) 633-2359
- Mail: 77 Church St, Barnet, VT 05821-9725
- Email: BarnetTaxCollector@yahoo.com