The elected Listers serve the function of assessing with equity the value of property held within the Town of Barnet. With this goal in mind they annually create a Grand List, which is a detailed listing of properties based upon which property tax is levied. Assessment equity is generally determined by the degree to which assessments bear a consistent relationship to market value. Through the Grievance process property owners may exercise their right to appeal the assessment of the Listers.
Members (for detailed listing, including contact information and term expiration, see municipal directory):
- John Cook, Chair
- Sarah Cook
- John Fairchild
- Meetings: Normally Monday and Thursday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Town Clerk’s Office. If you wish to meet with the Board about your appraisal, please make an appointment as they are often on the road.
- Telephone: (802) 633-2256
- Facsimile: (802) 633-4315
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Barnet Listers, c/o Town Clerks Office, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821