Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- 2019 Town Meeting. Tuesday, March 5, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. at Barnet School. Please click the links below for warning, notice and voter checklist.
- 2019 Dog Licenses available. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Fees are $9.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $13.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
- At a rabies clinic to be held at the Ryegate Small Animal Hospital on Thursday, March 21, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.