Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Lifeguards Wanted. Hiring at Harvey’s Lake Beach. Full-time or part-time seasonal positions are available. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Go to harveyslakebeach.net/lifeguards for application information. Current lifeguard certification required, WSI is a plus. Applications due by May 1, 2019 to Barnet Town Clerk’s Office, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 or email@example.com.
- Caledonia Cooperative School District Election: Informational Hearing May 6, Australian Ballot Election May 7. Please click the links below to download PDF documents for more information.
- 2019 Dog Licenses due April 1 – Still available after due date. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Fees, including late fees, are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.