Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Listers Grievance Hearings Notice
- Transfer Station/Recycling Center Summer Hours Begin. The hours of operations of the Transfer Station/Recycling Center for the period of May 30, 2018 through August 29, 2018 shall be as follows:
- Wednesdays: 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 pm.
- Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Homestead Declarations due April 17, 2018. A Homestead Declaration (Vermont Department of Taxes form HS-122) must be filed each year by every Vermont resident whose property meets the definition of a homestead. A Vermont Homestead is the principal dwelling and parcel of land surrounding the dwelling, owned and occupied by a resident individual as the individual’s domicile April 1. The due date for filing 2018 Homestead Declarations is April 17, 2018. The Town of Barnet will assess a penalty in the maximum percentages allowable pursuant to 32 V.S.A. § 5410(g) for 2018 Homestead Declarations filed after April 17, 2018, and other non-compliance of this Homestead Declaration filing requirement.
- 2018 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Licenses continued to be issued after the due date. Fees, including late fee, are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.