Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small town in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom situated along the Connecticut River. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Transfer Station/Recycling Center Summer Hours Begin June 2. The hours of operation of the Transfer Station/Recycling Center for the period of June 2, 2021 through September 1, 2021 shall be as follows:
– Wednesdays: 3-7 PM
– Saturdays: 8 AM- 3 PM
This facility is for the disposal of waste generated by residents and taxpayers within the Town of Barnet. A sticker is required for use of this facility and can be obtained at the Barnet Town Clerk’s Office or at the Transfer Station. Fees for disposal of household refuse shall be $1.00 for a 13 gallon bag, $2.00 for a 30 gallon bag, $3.00 for a 42 gallon bag, $5.00 for a 55 gallon bag, or $15.00 per cubic yard. There is no charge for disposal of recycling. A listing of items acceptable for recycling is available online at barnetvt.org and at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Caledonia Cooperative School District Election – May 4, 2021 – UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – BARNET ONLY
- Dog Licensing Due April 1. The Town Clerk’s Office continues to issue 2021 dog licenses. Please submit payment of the fee (including late fees: $11.00 for spayed/neutered dogs and $17.00 for others) and a current rabies vaccination certificate via mail (Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821) or in the drop box at the front of the Town Clerk’s Office (1743 US Route 5 South). The Town Clerk’s Office in turn will mail the license and tag.
- 2021 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule & Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District Calendar now available. Click the links below.
– 2021 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule
– 2021 Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District Calendar
- Village Center Designation for Four Barnet Villages. The Vermont Downtown Development Board has designated Passumpsic, Barnet Village, McIndoe Falls, and West Barnet Village as state-recognized village centers. This designation makes properties in these centers eligible for state benefits, including financial incentives, training, and technical assistance needed to attract new business and vitality. To learn more, please visit the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development website
- Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.