Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Special Planning Commission/Zoning Board meeting scheduled for November 13, 2018 Special Meeting has been CANCELLED.
- Unofficial Justice of the Peace Election Results – November 6, 2018
Town of Barnet, Vermont General Election – November 6, 2018 Justice of the Peace Election Results Candidate Vote Total 1 Shellie R. Samuels 460 2 William J. Graves 427 3 Susan E. Jensen 404 4 Dennis D. McLam 398 5 Steven A. Adler 395 6 Susan Coppenrath 370 7 Stanley Robinson 359 8 Nancy J. Bishop 352 9 Maurice Roberts 332 10 Carrie Dunbar 313 11 Robert K. Farlice-Rubio 289 12 John Cook 226 Total Write-Ins 5 Spoiled (Overvotes) 0 Blank Votes (Undervotes) 1,361 Total Votes 5,691 Top seven elected to two-year term beginning February 1, 2019.
- General Election – Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at Fire & Rescue Station. Polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. Please click the links below for more information.
- 2018 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Licenses continued to be issued after the due date. Fees, including late fee, are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.