As of Monday, March 16, the Barnet Town Clerk’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice. Further information will be communicated and will continue to evolve as time progresses. If you have questions please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 802-633-2256 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barnet, like most Vermont towns, combines the offices of Town Clerk and Treasurer in one position. The Clerk-Treasurer and Assistant staff the Town Clerk’s Office on Route 5 in Barnet Village. The Town Clerk portion of their duties includes recording, preserving and certifying public documents, administering oaths of office, complying with public information requests, posting notices on the town’s bulletin board, running the local elections, issuing marriage licenses and licensing animals. Treasurer responsibilities include keeping the town’s and school district’s financial accounts, investing town and school district money, and paying the bills when orders to do so are properly submitted.
In addition to being the office of the Clerk-Treasurer, the Town Clerk’s Office, by virtue of being the Town’s only municipal office building, serves as the meeting place for various other town officers and outlet for providing their services.
- Town Clerk & Treasurer: Benjamin P. Heisholt
- Assistant Town Clerk & Treasurer: Catherine Roy
- Hours of Operation: Weekdays 9 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Town Clerk’s Office. 1743 US Route 5 South: At the foot of Church Street on Route 5, just north of the Barnet Village Store.
- Telephone: (802) 633-2256
- Facsmile: (802) 633-4315
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821
Registration Renewals available at Town Clerk’s Office. The Barnet Town Clerks Office is one of the offices in the State of Vermont that has been authorized to issue temporary 30 day registrations for selected Motor Vehicles with the State of Vermont. These temporary registrations come with a temporary 30 day registration and a 30 day sticker. We must have a pre-printed computer generated “Registration Renewal” form that is sent to the vehicle owner by the State of Vermont with the current month or up to 2 previous months expiration dates. The exact amount of the renewal fee must be paid by check or money order payable to the State of Vermont or DMV. In addition, a separate $3.00 is payable to the Town – either in cash or by check. For more information on this program, please see the State’s website at www.dmv.state.vt.us.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on the following up-coming dates:
– As of Monday, March 16, 2020 the Town Clerk’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice. Further information will be communicated and will continue to evolve as time -progresses. Please check the homepage of this website – www.barnetvt.org. If you have questions please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 802-633-2256 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Thursday, December 24, 2020 – Christmas Eve – Closing at Noon
– Friday, December 25, 2020 – Christmas Day – Closed
– Friday, January 1, 2021 – New Year’s Day – Closed