Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Harvey’s Lake – Annual Water Level Lowering. Notice is hereby given that the water level of Harvey’s Lake will be lowered during the period of October 16 through October 30. It is expected that the lowest water level will occur on or around October 23.
- Property taxes due October 21. Property taxes for the Town of Barnet are due on Saturday, October 21, 2017. Payments received after the close of business on October 21, 2017 will be subject to penalty and interest charges. Postmarks will not be used for determining timely payment. The Town Clerk’s Office will be open on Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. to accept payments.
- 2017 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1, but are still available with a small late fee. Fees this year, including the late fee, are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs (includes $2.00 late fee) and $17.00 for others (includes $4.00 late fee). A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.