Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Pre-Memorial Day services Sunday, May 29, 2016. The public is invited to pre-Memorial Day services to be held Sunday, May 29, 2016 by the VFW and the Selectboard at:
- Monument in Passumpsic at 9:00 a.m.
- Monument in Barnet Village at 9:30 a.m.
- Transfer Station & Recycling Center summer hours begin June 1. From June 1 through August 31 the Transfer Station & Recycling Center will be open on Wednesdays from 3 to 7 p.m., in addition to normal year-round Saturday hours (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Summer hours apply annually on the Wednesdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- 2016 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Even though it is now past the due date, you can and are required to obtain a dog license for all dogs you own in the Town of Barnet. Fees, including the late fee, this year are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures
The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on the following up-coming dates:
– Monday, May 30, 2016 – Memorial Day
– Monday, July 4, 2016 – Independence Day
Now Available for Download: