Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- ATV Ordinance Review. The Barnet Selectboard will perform its annual review of the town’s Ordinance for Regulating All-Terrain Vehicles at its regular meeting to be held Monday, March 12, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Clerk’s Office. Included in this review will be the consideration of which town highways or portions thereof ATV travel will be permitted upon during the 2018 season. Town highways under consideration include: Anderson St, Barnet Center Rd, Bony Woods Rd, Brook Hill Rd, Chamberlain Rd, Cloud Brook Rd, Ferguson Rd, Garland Hill Rd, Gilfillan Rd, Goss Hill Rd, Joe’s Brook Rd, Keyser Hill Rd, Knights Ln, Little Scotland Rd, McLaren Hill Rd, Morse’s Mill Rd, Roy Mountain Rd, Water Andric Rd, West Barnet Rd, West Main St, and Whitehill Rd. Map of requested Town Highway access
- 2018 Dog Licenses available. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Fees this year are $9.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $13.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
- At a rabies clinic to be held at Ryegate Small Animal Clinic (54 Moore Lane, East Ryegate, 802-633-3660) on March 22, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.