Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Unofficial Vermont Primary Election Results – BARNET ONLY. Click the link below for preliminary, unofficial Barnet results for the primary election held August 11, 2020.
- Vermont Primary Election – August 11, 2020. The polls will open at 7:00 a.m. and will close and 7:00 p.m. The polling place is located at Barnet Fire & Rescue Station (151 Bimson Drive). All voters are encouraged to vote via absentee ballot to promote social distancing. Please call the Town Clerk’s Office at (802) 633-2256 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an absentee ballot. Please click the links below for more information.
- Official Return of Votes – Caledonia Cooperative School District Election – 30 June 2020 (Barnet only)
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Response. In response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic, the Town government has changed normal operations to keep residents, employees, and Town officers safe. Please visit the COVID-19 Coronavirus page for more information.
CLOSED – BARNET TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE
As of Monday, March 16, the Barnet Town Clerk’s Office will be closed to the public until further notice. Please visit the COVID-19 Coronavirus page for more information.
- Transfer Station/Recycling Center Summer Hours. The hours of operation of the Transfer Station/Recycling Center for the period of May 27, 2020 through September 2, 2020 (between Memorial Day and Labor Day) will expand to include Wednesdays, as follows:
- Wednesdays: 3-7 PM
- Saturdays: 8 AM- 3 PM
- 2020 Dog Licenses Past Due, but Licenses Continue to be Issued. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1, and is now past due. Licensing is still required and licenses continue to be issued. Fees, including late fees, are $11 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. This year licensing must be done through the mail. Please visit the COVID-19 Coronavirus page for more information.
- Results: Town Meeting Day Australian Ballot Election (Town Office Building borrowing) – 3 March 2020:
- Article 1 passes; Articles 2 does not pass. Click the link below for details.
- Village Center Designation for Four Barnet Villages. The Vermont Downtown Development Board has designated Passumpsic, Barnet Village, McIndoe Falls, and West Barnet Village as state-recognized village centers. This designation makes properties in these centers eligible for state benefits, including financial incentives, training, and technical assistance needed to attract new business and vitality. To learn more, please visit the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development website
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.