Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- 2016 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Even though it is now past the due date, you can and are required to obtain a dog license for all dogs you own in the Town of Barnet. Fees, including the late fee, this year are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
- Lifeguards Wanted – Harvey’s Lake Public Beach. Harvey’s Lake Beach is hiring full and part time life guards for the 2016 season. Employment information and applications can be retrieved from the beach website, harveyslakebeach.net and then delivered to the town clerks office or mailed to: Attn: Harvey’s Lake Beach Committee, Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet VT 05821. Applications due by May 1, 2016.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures
The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed on the following up-coming dates:
– Monday, May 30, 2016 – Memorial Day
– Monday, July 4, 2016 – Independence Day
Now Available for Download: