Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Statewide Primary Election – Tuesday, August 9, 2016.
- The deadline to register to vote is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 3, 2016. You may register during normal office hours at the Town Clerk’s Office, or online at the Vermont Secretary of State’s website. Call 633-2256 if you have any questions.
- Absentee ballots may be obtained or requested during normal Town Clerk’s Office hours in person or by telephone. You may also request at ballot at the Vermont Secretary of State’s website.
- The polling place on Tuesday, August 9 will be the Barnet Fire & Rescue Station located at 151 Bimson Drive. The polls will open at 9:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m.
- Transfer Station & Recycling Center summer hours begin June 1. From June 1 through August 31 the Transfer Station & Recycling Center will be open on Wednesdays from 3 to 7 p.m., in addition to normal year-round Saturday hours (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Summer hours apply annually on the Wednesdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- 2016 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Even though it is now past the due date, you can and are required to obtain a dog license for all dogs you own in the Town of Barnet. Fees, including the late fee, this year are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $17.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.