Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- School Merger Vote. Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at Barnet Fire & Rescue Station.
- 2017 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1, but are still available with a small late fee. Fees this year, including the late fee, are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs (includes $2.00 late fee) and $17.00 for others (includes $4.00 late fee). A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
- Town Report now available. A digital version (PDF format) of the annual report of the Town of Barnet for the year ending December 31, 2016 is available for download here.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.