Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Town Report now available. The annual report of the Town of Barnet for the year ending December 31, 2016 is now available at the Town Clerk’s Office, Barnet Public Library, Barnet Village Store, West Barnet Quick Stop, and Paul’s Whistle Stop. A digital version in PDF format is available for download here.
- 2017 Town Meeting – Tuesday March 7, 2017 at the Barnet Elementary School. Town Portion to begin at 10:00, lunch at noon, school portion at 1:00 p.m. Download Warning & Notice
- 2017 Dog Licenses now available. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Fees this year are $9.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $13.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
- At a Rabies Clinic to be held at the Ryegate Small Animal Hospital on Thursday, March 23, 2017 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during special hours on Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 9:00 am. to 12:00 noon.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.