Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- 2017 Town Report Now Available. The Annual Report of the Town of Barnet for the year ending December 31, 2017 is now available at the Town Clerk’s Office, Barnet Public Library, Barnet Village Store, West Barnet Quick Stop, and Paul’s Whistle Stop. Also available as a PDF at the Town Report page.
- 2018 Town Meeting. Tuesday, March 6, 2018. Town Meeting Warning & Notice
- 2018 Dog Licenses available. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1. Fees this year are $9.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $13.00 for others. A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
- At a rabies clinic to be held at Ryegate Small Animal Clinic (54 Moore Lane, East Ryegate, 802-633-3660) on March 22, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.