Welcome to the Town of Barnet
Barnet is a small Connecticut River town chartered in 1763 and settled between 1770 and 1773. Its five villages are Barnet Village, East Barnet, West Barnet, McIndoe Falls, and Passumpsic.
Town news & announcements:
- Help Wanted – Truck Driver/Laborer. The Selectboard will accept applications to fill a full-time position for the Highway Department. Applicants must possess a Commercial Drivers License, and be available on-call and overtime. Equipment experience is a plus. Applications may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office or by clicking the below link. Applications must be submitted by Monday, July 24, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in person at the Town Clerk’s Office, via mail to Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821, or via email to email@example.com.
Application for Employment
- School Merger Vote Validation Meeting. Voters of the Barnet School District are notified and warned to meet at Barnet School on August 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. to vote on validation of merger vote held on May 23, 2017. Click here for PDF of Validation Meeting Warning
- Transfer Station/Recycling Center Summer Hours Begin. The Transfer Station/Recycling Center will be open on Wednesdays from 3 to 7 p.m., in addition to its normal Saturday hours, beginning May 30, 2017.
- School Merger Vote. Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at Barnet Fire & Rescue Station. Polls now closed.
- 2017 Dog Licenses past due. Licensing of all dogs is due annually on April 1, but are still available with a small late fee. Fees this year, including the late fee, are $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs (includes $2.00 late fee) and $17.00 for others (includes $4.00 late fee). A valid rabies vaccination certificate must accompany payment of fee. Licenses may be obtained:
- Through the mail – Town of Barnet, PO Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 (please send rabies certificate and a check in the amount of the fee), or
- At the Town Clerk’s Office during normal weekday hours (9 a.m.-noon & 1-4:30 p.m.).
Town Clerk’s Office Closures. Please see the Town Clerk’s Office page for up-to-date information.